The 9 Things You Need for a Perfect Messenger Newsletter Landing Page
A landing page is the central spot where your Widget is embedded and your future followers are given an easy way to sign up for your WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger Newsletter service. To make sure your landing page is as successful as possible, we have some tips and tricks for you. Below, we’ve gathered some best cases from over 1,200 MessengerPeople clients!
‘How do I get more followers for my WhatsApp Newsletter or my Messenger Chatbot?’ – we hear this question all the time. It’s clear that the number of subscribers to your Messenger Newsletter service directly affects your marketing and sales goals: the KPIs in Messenger Marketing are around 90% for opening rates and 25% for click rates. For some general advice on how to gain attention for your Newsletter channels, take a look at our article “How to get more subscribers for WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.”
However, one main way to gain followers is to make it easy for them to sign up, so this article focuses entirely on the Newsletter Landing Page. For this, you need a Widget, which you can find in the MessengerPeople customer interface under ‘Settings.’
Optimize Your Landing Page: More Followers for your Messenger Newsletter Service
- Include the terms “WhatsApp” or “Facebook Messenger” in the URL if possible: this makes your service easier to find over Google
German Example: prosieben.de/tv/germanys-next-topmodel/whatsapp
- Make sure you have a clear and structured layout, ideally with a header with big graphics! This should offer an encouraging call to action.
English Example: https://www.beautybay.com/keep-in-touch/
- Integrate your Widget as prominently as possible!
German Example: aldiana.com/de-de/newsletter
- Provide a step-by-step explanation for how to sign up for the newsletter! Make sure you have different explanations for each Messenger app that you use.
German Example: https://www.justspices.de/whatsapp_newsletter
- If you can, use an animated gif or a video for extra clarity!
German Example: cosmopolitan.de/whatsapp-cosmopolitan
- Communicate clearly! Explain what advantages YOUR Messenger Newsletter offers your followers (exclusive, personalized, fast, up to date!). Highlight that the service is free and you can cancel the subscription whenever you want!
English Example: https://www.icelolly.com/whatsapp
- Explain what kind of content your channel will distribute, and how often: once a week, only latest news, highlights, daily summaries, etc.
- Point out that we fulfill the strictest data protection criteria. We only gather the user’s phone number for the initial subscription, and never share it with third parties.
German Example: augsburger-allgemeine.de/special/whatsapp/
- Let users know what kind of categories you use – you can tempt them with specific interests right away! Learn more about this with our article “Profiling and Targeting in Focus.”
German Example: ran.de/whatsapp-newsletter-von-ran
Have a great idea for customer service via messaging apps and want to talk about it? Message us!